Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Cool Unanswered: Web Companion "pop-up menu" issue

    I used FM Pro Developer 5.5 to design a web companion solution. I use a startup script to hide the Instant Web Companion interface. I then use my own buttons and scripts to navigate to different layouts from by IE 6.0 browser. I have layouts for "Find", "Edit", "New record" and "Browse". Everything seems to work great except the "Find" layout. If I perform a "Find" from this layout and search on any "Standard Field", everything works great. The problem is I also have "pop-up menu's" on all these layouts. If I attempt to perform a ""Find" using only these pop-up menus as my search criteria I get an error message saying "no records were found". If I use these same pop-up menu's from the "New record" or "Edit Record", they work normally. I've tried both "pop-up menu's" and "pop-up list". Neither seem to work with "Find" mode from the web companion. If using the standard FM PRO interface (non-browser mode) it works normal as well. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    So. Cal. USA
    Posts
    142

    Re: Web Companion "pop-up menu" issue

    Originally posted by rickj27511
    I used FM Pro Developer 5.5 to design a web companion solution. I use a startup script to hide the Instant Web Companion interface. I then use my own buttons and scripts to navigate to different layouts from by IE 6.0 browser. I have layouts for "Find", "Edit", "New record" and "Browse". Everything seems to work great except the "Find" layout. If I perform a "Find" from this layout and search on any "Standard Field", everything works great. The problem is I also have "pop-up menu's" on all these layouts. If I attempt to perform a ""Find" using only these pop-up menus as my search criteria I get an error message saying "no records were found". If I use these same pop-up menu's from the "New record" or "Edit Record", they work normally. I've tried both "pop-up menu's" and "pop-up list". Neither seem to work with "Find" mode from the web companion. If using the standard FM PRO interface (non-browser mode) it works normal as well. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Hi, rick! I'm not a developer, don't have FM Developer, have never seen Instant Web Companion interface, and haven't really even used Instant Web Publishing, and I didn't even know you could do use Web in your solution. All this = I'm not qualified to answer. Nevetheless, all I can think of is that maybe your Access Privileges are different for that layout than the other layouts and the fields are not accessible even though the web page will show them. I'm guessing they are visual toys with no meaning if privileges are blocked. I would suggest duplicating a working layout and changing the function to FIND and see what happens. Good luck!
    --ST

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •