Unanswered: Getting problem in DB7.2 Client

Hello!
    I have loaded db2 client v 7.2 on one of the servers which is remotely accessing the db2 server v7.2 on a remote server.It is working very well in db2cca but when I try using db2cmd or db2cc or using the command center , the db2cmd window does not come up while for db2cc and command center I get an error that :Another Program is currently using this file .
    Can anybody suggest what could be wrong.This is very urgent as I cannot carry on the operations on these utilities.
    Regards,
    Arvind

Environment

Hi Arvind,

Please let us know your operating system and other details.

What I have observed is if you are using Remote TerminalServices Client on windows then if in one session the tools are running, then they don't allow you to use the same in the other session, that is sure of control center and command center.

However we have used db2cmd window and db2clp in such situations.

Cheers

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

Re: Getting problem in DB7.2 Client

Originally posted by arvind pai
    Hello!
    I have loaded db2 client v 7.2 on one of the servers which is remotely accessing the db2 server v7.2 on a remote server.It is working very well in db2cca but when I try using db2cmd or db2cc or using the command center , the db2cmd window does not come up while for db2cc and command center I get an error that :Another Program is currently using this file .
    Can anybody suggest what could be wrong.This is very urgent as I cannot carry on the operations on these utilities.
    Regards,
    Arvind
    Hi,
    I've seen this kind of errors when %Db2PATH%\bin was made read-only. Could this be your problem too?

kind regards, Gert