Wink Unanswered: How to solve ORA-06502????

I am a Oracle beginner developer, I have 2 forms, one is used for selecting CUSTOMER_CODE, and CUSTUMER_NAME and returns to the second (the calling form).
    I used the PL/SQL Libraries for this purpose.
    The CUSTOMER_CODE alway OK but the CUSTOMER_NAME, some cases, I get the correct result, but some I could not, and I tried to delete some characters from the CUSTOMER_NAME, I get the wright result...
    However, I declared and checked, all the variables is right type and lenght, but I could not get the right result.
    Please show me, how to solve my problem???
    Waitting for your help so much.
    Thank!!!

Re: How to solve ORA-06502????

Originally posted by hdninte
    I am a Oracle beginner developer, I have 2 forms, one is used for selecting CUSTOMER_CODE, and CUSTUMER_NAME and returns to the second (the calling form).
    I used the PL/SQL Libraries for this purpose.
    The CUSTOMER_CODE alway OK but the CUSTOMER_NAME, some cases, I get the correct result, but some I could not, and I tried to delete some characters from the CUSTOMER_NAME, I get the wright result...
    However, I declared and checked, all the variables is right type and lenght, but I could not get the right result.
    Please show me, how to solve my problem???
    Waitting for your help so much.
    Thank!!!
    Usually this error is associated with PL/SQL: numeric or value error.

The first step when troubleshooting this problem is to identify each offending SQL statement and determine which application or program unit generates this statement.

Oracle provides an event tracing facility that can be used to identify these offending SQL statements. Modify your init.ora file by setting the following event and restart your database.

event="6502 trace name errorstack level 12"

When you rerun your application, the ora-6502 will be captured. By examining this trace file, you are then able to identify the offending SQL statement, and with your knowledge of your application, you can relate this statement to the exact block of code within PL/SQL (or other programmatic interface) used to generate this statement.

Hope you sort it out.
    rgs,

Ghostman

the reason is
    ORA-06502 PL/SQL: numeric or value errorstring

Cause: An arithmetic, numeric, string, conversion, or constraint error occurred. For example, this error occurs if an attempt is made to assign the value NULL to a variable declared NOT NULL, or if an attempt is made to assign an integer larger than 88 to a variable declared NUMBER(2).

Action: Change the data, how it is manipulated, or how it is declared so that values do not violate constraints.

now go thru code and search for some wrong assignments