Unanswered: Check options selected in group of records in form

Hi,
    I wonder if I can do this without using VBA (as I what I know about VBA could be written on the back of a postage stamp )

Basically what I have is a continuous form that has filtered records selected from a previous form selection command button. On each record I have an option group that has 2 choices.
    Choice 1 = Master
    Choice 2 = Slave

What I need to do is in the filtered group of records, I need to ensure that the user can only select “Master” on one of the group, but can either select “Slave” or no selection on any of the other filtered records, but if a “Master” has been selected then at least one “Slave” will have to have been selected. I want this check to be done before Access updates the records. There is also the option that the user will not select either option on any of the records, this is allowed.

I guess what I want to do is once a "Master" is selected all the other master options in the other records are not enterable and if no "Slave" is selected a message pops up.

If this “check” is successful I will the get the system to update the records using the “Master” record to update various fields on the selected “Slave” records. This will be done ideally by the system when the form is exited

Regards
    John
    Last edited by Sticker; 02-26-04 at 11:14.

Welcome to VBA.

S-

Originally posted by sbaxter
    Welcome to VBA.

S-
    Thought as much

Thanks for the input anyway its much appreciated

Regards
    John