Thread: Developer help

Unhappy Unanswered: Developer help

I have an application designed in developer 9i which creates and calculates invoices and I need to amend text on the invoice layout. The icon points to a REP file which I assume I need to open to do any amendments. However I cant open this file type also I have tried to open the fmx and fmb files but cannot allocate this report...can someone please help or point me in the right direction...I have never used Developer before...Thanks

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    You need to use "Reports Developer" to open .rep files.
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Provided Answers: 4
    Actually, even if you try to open ".rep" file, you will not be able to do it as .rep extension represents runtime version of your report. To open and change the report, you should have its source - ".rdf" (Report Builder 6) or ".jsp" (Report Builder 9) file.

".fmx" and ".fmb" are runtime and source files made by Forms Builder.

Re: Developer help

.rep is an executable file of Oracle Developer for Reports. Its something like exe file. You cannot edit the file nor view the source code. Just u can execute it if you have the reports runtime.

Thanks
    Praveen
    (praveenpr@rediffmail.com)

Originally posted by dsehmby
    I have an application designed in developer 9i which creates and calculates invoices and I need to amend text on the invoice layout. The icon points to a REP file which I assume I need to open to do any amendments. However I cant open this file type also I have tried to open the fmx and fmb files but cannot allocate this report...can someone please help or point me in the right direction...I have never used Developer before...Thanks
    Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Pulikunnu

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left
    Sorry for the misleading. Too long since I did a report.
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".