Unanswered: what is a FMT file for in a pervasive database

i am currently trying to link data from a pervasive database to a access database and i can't seem to make a ODBC connection. i have noticed that there are lots of files with FMT file exstention i did some looking on the web and the web tellls me it is some type of format file. but nothing tells me what it really is for. any help on this would be great.
    thanks in advanced.

Re: what is a FMT file for in a pervasive database

Originally posted by Battlesat6
    i am currently trying to link data from a pervasive database to a access database and i can't seem to make a ODBC connection. i have noticed that there are lots of files with FMT file exstention i did some looking on the web and the web tellls me it is some type of format file. but nothing tells me what it really is for. any help on this would be great.
    thanks in advanced.
    I've never heard of the FMT extension. What is the specific error you receieve when creating / accessing the ODBC DSN you set up? Is pervasive on the same computer? What version of Pervasive are you using?

-Eric

Im not receving an error it acts like it makes a connection but there the tables do not show up as linked. im using pervasive.SQL V8

Provided Answers: 4
    Do you see the tables listed in the Pervasive Control Center? If not, do you have the correct DDFs?
    Does the DEMODATA database work (can you see the tables)?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

no i can't see any tables in the control center. and i have all the ddf files. its like it won't reconize them. the demodata tables work fine can link them in access no problem. these files can from a daceasy acounting program does Daceasy change them somehow?

Provided Answers: 4
    Are you seeing any tables in the DDFs? Specifically, do you see X$FILE, X$FIELD, X$INDEX? If so, double click on the X$FILE. If it's got very few records (showing only system tables), then you probably have DDFs that were overwritten at some point.
    Does DacEasy have a sample database? If so, can you create a datasource pointing to that data and do you see the tables defined there? If not, then there might be something wrong with the DDFs and you should contact DacEasy.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.