Unhappy Unanswered: BCP To Remote Server

Hi All,

I am try to execute a bulk copy to a remote machine.

bcp data..table in "D:\BCPData.dat" -f "D:\BCPData.fmt" -U sa -P _### -S ServerName -e "D:\BCPData.err" -m 1 -o "D:\BCPData.$$$"

I get the following error:

CTLIB Message: - L6/O8/S5/N3/5/0:
    ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found.
    Establishing connection failed.

Can someone tell me where I might be going wrong. I know I probably need to do something so the remote server name is recognised but what???

All help / advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Noel

Re: BCP To Remote Server

Hi,

Probably the remote server is not known to the local server check out the remote serever entry in master..sysservers, if not found you can add it using sp_addserver

Re: BCP To Remote Server

From the client machine, i.e, from where you are running the BCP command, add your remote Sybase Server entry in interafaces file(sql.ini) . This can be added using DSEDIT utility, which gets installed when you install Sybase open client s/w.

j

Originally posted by griffinn
    Hi All,

I am try to execute a bulk copy to a remote machine.

bcp data..table in "D:\BCPData.dat" -f "D:\BCPData.fmt" -U sa -P _### -S ServerName -e "D:\BCPData.err" -m 1 -o "D:\BCPData.$$$"

I get the following error:

CTLIB Message: - L6/O8/S5/N3/5/0:
    ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found.
    Establishing connection failed.

Can someone tell me where I might be going wrong. I know I probably need to do something so the remote server name is recognised but what???

All help / advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Noel

Thanks for the help. I added the entries to the ini file and that did the trick.

Regards

Noel

Quote Originally Posted by jv59 View Post
    From the client machine, i.e, from where you are running the BCP command, add your remote Sybase Server entry in interafaces file(sql.ini) . This can be added using DSEDIT utility, which gets installed when you install Sybase open client s/w.

j
    can you help me with complete details