Unanswered: fields not printing

we recently went from access 97 to access 2002. Now i have a date field that prints when using access 97 but not with 2002. this field is entered by the user and goes to a report. nothing about the field was changed between the two versions. does anyone have any suggestions??

hi just a question or 2

how are you presently getting the data to the report - a query?

do you go to a form to view first or are you going dirct to print having not seen the data?

do you print preview prior to the printing process?

regards

gareth

5 fields on the form are entered by the user. then they hit enter and some more data is picked up from a table and a report page is generated. i have done the preview and the field does not show there either. i then print the page and the field is still missing. this field is one of two dates manually entered. the other date is printing ok. the properties for the two dates are the same. they should be going straight from the form to the report page.

I know i might be covering old ground for you here but have you checked that the problem date is in actual fact writing to the table?

if yes

In the passed ive updated plateforms and had a reference go down - may be just using the record list in the reports edit mode and place the same text box down on a form - re-run the report and see if it finds its source - in the updat some references do slip

just a quicky to cover a problem before we go deep in to look further

gareth

nothing in this form is written to a table. it is either keyed in or read from a table but no table update occurs

how are you referencing the 2 dates to the report ???

g

found the problem. i put =[Forms]![Term]![Field2] in the field and it works now. apparently they dropped a previos form when they converted .it was using that date.. carrying it forward. thanks for all your help.

its my pleasure....

sometimes we all look to deep at the first check and miss the obvious ( dosnt say alot about our confidence in the more technical sectors we put in)

glad its sorted
    take care

Gareth