Thread: VB6 & MyVBQL

Unanswered: VB6 & MyVBQL

I've been trying to use myvbql with my VB application to connect to a remote mysql database in an attempt to cut down on distribution headaches; however, it's only partially working. It can connect and send/receive query info fine and I never receive any errors. My problem lies in efficiency -- when I issue the connect to database command it hangs for 10-15 seconds.. during that time my application isn't responding. Obviously this isn't acceptable and after reading EVERYTHING in existance on it, it doesn't sound like a common problem with myvbql. Does anyone have any idea what can cause this? As far as code goes, mine's identical to the examples in terms of connecting. I can connect to the database instantly using other means.

Heeeeelp!!

Re: VB6 & MyVBQL

It seems that you have a Database Performance problem.
    Check your SQL statements without using the VB, if the results return still took 15 Secs, you need a serious performance tuning on your Database.

Originally posted by paratus
    I've been trying to use myvbql with my VB application to connect to a remote mysql database in an attempt to cut down on distribution headaches; however, it's only partially working. It can connect and send/receive query info fine and I never receive any errors. My problem lies in efficiency -- when I issue the connect to database command it hangs for 10-15 seconds.. during that time my application isn't responding. Obviously this isn't acceptable and after reading EVERYTHING in existance on it, it doesn't sound like a common problem with myvbql. Does anyone have any idea what can cause this? As far as code goes, mine's identical to the examples in terms of connecting. I can connect to the database instantly using other means.

Heeeeelp!!

I tried the same SQL statements from within a php script, and using ODBC. Both were quite fast.

Ok now we need a test the other way around.
    Use VB and execute a very simple/fast sql statement like " select A from B where A=$Vlue
    where A s your primary field in table B nd $valus is a valid unique value for column A
    then run the sql from VB. if this sql took long then we need to check the connection string .

Originally posted by paratus
    I tried the same SQL statements from within a php script, and using ODBC. Both were quite fast.