Unanswered: Link tables to a secured access database

How do I link tables to a secured access database that uses .mdw file from another access database that doesn’t use the mdw file.

Thanks for any info! Let me know if you need more details.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Link tables to a secured access database

Originally posted by MuraliAr
    How do I link tables to a secured access database that uses .mdw file from another access database that doesn�t use the mdw file.

Thanks for any info! Let me know if you need more details.
    Try

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "Microsoft Access", "C:\Temp\yourDB.mdb", acReport, SourceTableName, DistinationTableName

I did that with a DB secured wiht a password [not an .mdw file], so I have been asked to enter the password. Perhaps you will be prompted to enter a user name an password too.

Originally posted by hammbakka
    I did that with a DB secured wiht a password [not an .mdw file], so I have been asked to enter the password. Perhaps you will be prompted to enter a user name an password too.
    Thanks for the response hammbakka.. but I am still unable to connect to the secured DB (.mdw file) using ur procedure. it gives me an error message that you do not have the necessary permissions to use the database.

As I told you before, this command runs only when you don't have an .mdb file

Originally posted by hammbakka
    As I told you before, this command runs only when you don't have an .mdb file
    Sorry I mean no .mdw file