Unanswered: Undo a Split Database ?

Is there anyway I can undo a "split" database ? I understand the need for a split so I can work on the forms, reports, macros etc off site. Then load the updated reports back in by an overwrite.

BUT is there anyway I can undo or quit this linked action and have a revert back to an original NON-Linked database again?

I need to create and add a couple of tables with Make Tables query's, so I can have the designed and used forms read from the joined new table and add records into the main database form. trouble is: I can't work with a new table and still have the old one linked with the "Splitter".

When I do it now with the split tables in effect. The form will complete the entry's into the desired fields on the form, but they don't put it into the Main Database table.

If there is a way to revert. I can always re-split later when I am ready to carry the database into another computer away from my home working computer.

Thank you so much for any help. This 77 year young, senior will really appreciate any information given me

Here is what to do

Open up the database that has the tables stored in it. Then go to File, Import, Get External Data. Now find your database that has the forms in it and select it. Now you will see a screen with some tabs such as Forms, Queries, Reports, Macros etc. Click on each tab and select all. This will select all your forms, queries, reports, macros, etc. Once they are all selected, Click Ok. It will now import the front end database back into the backend database. You can rename the file after you are finished back from mydb_be.mdb to mydb.mdb and continue making your changes to the tables. Then you can split the db again or leave as is.

Hope this helps.

Undo a Split Database ??

Thank you so much for answering. I shall try to do this, this evening. Hope I get it. You are very kind to take the time to answer my question

No problem

That's what we are here for.

Good luck.

tried the unsplit method?

Hi there i am trying to unsplit method but i am only seeing the tables alone i am not seeing any forms, reports,macros. etc.

Provided Answers: 8
    just IMPORT the missing objects
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

Provided Answers: 19
    Go to File - Import - Get External Data, locate the front end file and, as Myle said, Import all objects, i.e. forms, reports, queries, etc, from it.

If the Database Splitter was used originally, the back end will have a name like FileName_be.mdb.

To find the front end, you'd look for a file named simply FileName.mdb.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Provided Answers: 59
    you can import new onjects
    you can also use DDL to alter the table design either adding new tables or new columns.

ALTER TABLE Statement (Microsoft Access SQL)*[Access 2007 Developer Reference]
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton