Thread: Shop database

Red face Unanswered: Shop database

I am having problems creating a database for a shop. I need to connect this db to micorsoft excel to produce graphs. Also I need to create transactions and print reports. Please can some body help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can get access to do graphs without excel. Just create a query and use the report chart wizard to make a chart if you are unsure.

You can link excel to access by choosing a data source if you need to. I don't have excel on my pc, so try looking in Excel Help.

Creating transactions is fairly easy especially if only one person will be entering data at a time. All you need to do is create a form based on your transaction table (use the form wizard if needed) and make it data entry if it will only be used to enter new data.

Access Help

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    You can get access to do graphs without excel. Just create a query and use the report chart wizard to make a chart if you are unsure.

You can link excel to access by choosing a data source if you need to. I don't have excel on my pc, so try looking in Excel Help.

Creating transactions is fairly easy especially if only one person will be entering data at a time. All you need to do is create a form based on your transaction table (use the form wizard if needed) and make it data entry if it will only be used to enter new data.
    Hey thanks for the help

The problems is the link with the transaction I need totals

Hi In the past ive delt alot with retail DB's

Can you attach yours here in access 2000 sorry Im not up to date with this package but needs must when the budgets cut

Il look at what your trying to do then in the transaction area

regards

gareth

Talking 2000 format thanks

I need to create a transaction with many items of stockline but minimise user entry of stock name. If that makes sense, ie user should not have to manually enter the stock name ie combo box.

Originally posted by garethfx
    Hi In the past ive delt alot with retail DB's

Can you attach yours here in access 2000 sorry Im not up to date with this package but needs must when the budgets cut

Il look at what your trying to do then in the transaction area

regards

gareth
    Attached Files Attached Files

hi

just some questions to get ahandle on the database usage

1. are you trying to make a till out of the system or just a stock control system

2. you want to keep sales data per product what will you use it for

3. how long do you want to keep the sales data per product - bear in mind that you will have flux in the sales so you will loose seasonal variations if not careful

the transaction table may be better having the product ID there so u can recover sales data quicker

One thing to be aware of in any stock system where you are trying to monitor product sales is SSO (special sales offers) these can throw you stats in to disarray in an instant - most retailers have to have a product group ie household then product and then down to sub ID (maybe barcodes or flag s that tel you that at that time you had a BOGOF)

just some questios to see what your aiming at

regards

gareth