Thread: lookup options

Unanswered: lookup options

hello,

i am a hombuilder and i have begun creating a workbook to streamline some paperwork operations. the workbook has three sheets (file attached). the sheet named 'options' has several checkboxes for different options.

i would like to create a formula that searchs for all checked options and inserts them in the 'start order' worksheet.

please take a look at the attached file and any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    aladdin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Welcome to the Board!

Here's a solution with a little bit of VBA and VLOOKUPS.

Hope that helps,

Smitty
    Attached Files Attached Files

thank you so much smitty. that solution is perfect.

upon second look i have a question: how does the 'start order' page update? ie. when different options are selected on the 'options' page, they do not update on the 'start order' page without clearing the worksheet first.

also, how can i change the formatting of the checkboxes?

thanks

You need to hit the Clear Options checkbox (it should actually be a Command Button) toward the bottom of the Options sheet. That was the most efficient way I could think of doing it on Friday with me in I wanna scoot mode.

As for formatting the CheckBoxes, they're ActiveX controls, so goto View-->Toolbars-->Control Toolbox. Enter Design Mode (the Speed Square looking thing), then View-->Properties. ActiveX controls are much easier to work with in regards to formatting than Forms controls.

Hope that helps,

Smitty
    Last edited by Smitty; 02-27-04 at 18:10.