I have been trying to extract data from a access.mdb file using perl5,
DBI-1.40, DBD-ODBC-1.07, unixODBC-2.2.7, and libmdbodbc.xx driver from
mdbtools. Using HPUX-11.xx OS. I have seen many sources and posts proclaiming the possibility
to avoid needing to define DSN's by connecting similar to the following:

my $DSN = 'driver=Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb);dbq=\\\\cheese\\g$\\perltest.mdb'; my $dbh =
DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:$DSN", '','') or die "$DBI::errstr\n";

I have tried them all, I have tried everything I could imagine and looked everywhere as well
for some documentation to tell me why I continue to get the DBI::errstr:

[unixODBC]Could not find DSN in connect string (SQL-08001)(DBD:
db_login/SQLConnect error=-1)

I have recompiled and installed everything. The mdbodbc driver is
"...installed" according to the odbcinst script output. I have tried all
sorts of ENV variables. And yes I have read every README and INSTALL I
coud find. It looks like the driver manager is finding the driver ok, but
doesn't like the connect string. Anyone who can help out would be doing
me and it looks like a bunch of other folks a big favor.

Thank You,