Question Unanswered: Any Toad like utility for Db2 ?

I have recently started working on DB2 and am trying to find a utility like Toad (by Quest Software) for Oracle - basically an utility that lets me browse the database objects, do some basic database administration but most importanly access and manipulate the data in various ways. I have been looking at Rapid SQL (by Embarcadero) and Quest Centra (by Quest) but both of them fall short of the requirement since the data browsing options are limited .. i cannot just filter by column values to browse selected data or in the SQL editor window keep multiple SQLs and just execute the query I want that way i have the various queries to go back to without rewriting them anew. Also, even for listing the objects it lists across the entire database instead of just the user schema I am logged in as.
    Anyone out there has been through this before and knows of some utility out there for db2-UDB which comes closest to Toad (for Oracle)?

Re: Any Toad like utility for Db2 ?

we are developing a web application like u need (sqleditor, tableeditor, metadata visualizer and administration) for all databases u can connect over jdbc or odbc. it's called dbuniserv and stands for database unified services. go to www.procon-it.de lock out for products and extended userdb2(the former product name) !!! german page !!! sorry but i don't know if it's available in english. have a look at !

regards

marc gaines

Originally posted by ranjithm
    I have recently started working on DB2 and am trying to find a utility like Toad (by Quest Software) for Oracle - basically an utility that lets me browse the database objects, do some basic database administration but most importanly access and manipulate the data in various ways. I have been looking at Rapid SQL (by Embarcadero) and Quest Centra (by Quest) but both of them fall short of the requirement since the data browsing options are limited .. i cannot just filter by column values to browse selected data or in the SQL editor window keep multiple SQLs and just execute the query I want that way i have the various queries to go back to without rewriting them anew. Also, even for listing the objects it lists across the entire database instead of just the user schema I am logged in as.
    Anyone out there has been through this before and knows of some utility out there for db2-UDB which comes closest to Toad (for Oracle)?

Re: Any Toad like utility for Db2 ?

Originally posted by ranjithm
    hi,

i understand yr needs, as i was working as ORACLE 8 DBA for many years and then switched to DB2 UDB, i was using toad too

there are many ways to achive what u asked for :

1. commerical products ( check the thread named DB2 TOOLs )

2. DB2 GUI tools db2cc (control Center)

3. command line tools by typing commands from command line:
    root> db2 " list tables for schema xyz" > file

4.CLP which is equal to SQL plus in ORACLE
    invode it by
    root> db2

good luck
    hany heggy,
    IBM certified Professional, AIX system support
    www.melodyhits.tv