Unanswered: Newbie, newbie question

I have two fields that are yes/no (checkboxes). I am trying to use the find/replace in order to "uncheck" all of one column and "check" all of the other.

How do I go about this? It's probably a real easy solution.

Thanks,

Jason

Re: Newbie, newbie question

Originally posted by maacky
    I have two fields that are yes/no (checkboxes). I am trying to use the find/replace in order to "uncheck" all of one column and "check" all of the other.

How do I go about this? It's probably a real easy solution.

Thanks,

Jason
    UPDATE TableWhatever SET 1stCheckbox=False, 2ndCheckbox=True;

Red face

Okay, thanks for the quick response - but let me clarify. I am very new/inexperienced with actual programming type things.

The response you gave (UPDATE TableWhatever SET 1stCheckbox=False, 2ndCheckbox=True;, I'm assuming that is a Macro (or script)? If possible is there "How to do this for dummies" thread on here or a site you'd suggest?

Or if it's easy enough, just spell it out here.

Thanks again. I look forward to gleaming from the expertise and knowledge that I see on these boards.

Originally posted by maacky
    Okay, thanks for the quick response - but let me clarify. I am very new/inexperienced with actual programming type things.

The response you gave (UPDATE TableWhatever SET 1stCheckbox=False, 2ndCheckbox=True;, I'm assuming that is a Macro (or script)? If possible is there "How to do this for dummies" thread on here or a site you'd suggest?

Or if it's easy enough, just spell it out here.

Thanks again. I look forward to gleaming from the expertise and knowledge that I see on these boards.
    Actually it's an action query ... And there are numerous examples of running them on this forum ... You could run this using the Docmd.RunSQL command (Hint! Hint!)