Exclamation Unanswered: freeze columns in paradox 10

In Microsoft Access there is a feature that allows you to freeze a column scroll to the right without moving the frozen columns.

Is there a similar feature in Paradox 10?

Use Ctl-R when you are in the last column you want to hold. I think that sounds like what you want.

Wink

no, ctl-r only moves the screen to the right without dropping down to the next record

Originally posted by lmckelvy
    Use Ctl-R when you are in the last column you want to hold. I think that sounds like what you want.

Something must have changed in version 10 then, because in every version prior to that it holds all columns to the left of the current one, scrolling the remaining ones in order.

Angry Rephrase your question

Ctr-R was never meant to move from record to record but rotates the columns in a table. Freezing the columns has little to do with moving from record to record unless you have a multi record form designed with records going horizontally across the form.

What are you actually trying to do?

Post Freeze columns in Paradox

In Access there is a way to freeze a column, so that when you scroll to the right, that column stays in place. This is used for example if you have a "LastName" column, and you want to match it up to another column that is maybe 10 columns to the right. By freezing the "LastName" column, you can scroll over and view the other column on the screen at the same time.

In Paradox 10, I cannot find this function. That is what I'm trying to do.

If you can help with this tiny problem it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Stu

Then you do want Ctrl-R.

In table view, go to the left most column that you want to match up with and then move one colum to the right and hit ctrl-r until the othe column you want to match it with rotates into view. That view will remain until you close the table you can save the view (you will be prompted when you close the table) and that view will remain until modified and saved.

I just checked and it works in version 10 without a problem!

In Paradox 10 you can lock columns to the LEFT of the view by dragging the arrow you see in the table on the bottom left of the table window, just over the horizontal scroll bar.

This would lock in place the leftmost n fields, and they would not scroll out when you scroll to other fields in a row.

Note that this function is NOT available in tableviews o table frames put in a form, it's only available if you directly open the table file.
    The only failure is not trying to do it.