Question Unanswered: SQLPlus/Oracle Help 2 Questions

This question should be relatively easy.
    -How do I insert into a table when one of the Column values might contain an apostrophe. E.G. Mrs. O'Brien?

Now for the trickier question.
    I am connected to a Oracle server from my house and I think that if Im idle for to long it will disconnect me. Anyways, I am creating some tables, and trying to insert into the tables. But Once in a while after I have been disconnect I log back on and try to access a table and I get an error ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified. Now, no one else is using my account, so I am lead to believe (I am limited on ORacle KNowledge, so this may be for from the truth) I created a table(s) during one session, then I got disconnected, and Oracle hadn't cleaned up its "cache" to free the table(s). (That's my spin on it.)
    Anyways, I need a way to unlock this table. So if anyone knows how, and maybe why this is happening, it would be great to know.

Thanks.

-Josh
    "My Idea is that everyone should be required to use small fonts. That way we'll save disk space.
    ~Asok.

Re: SQLPlus/Oracle Help 2 Questions

Originally posted by okiiyama
    This question should be relatively easy.
    -How do I insert into a table when one of the Column values might contain an apostrophe. E.G. Mrs. O'Brien?

Now for the trickier question.
    I am connected to a Oracle server from my house and I think that if Im idle for to long it will disconnect me. Anyways, I am creating some tables, and trying to insert into the tables. But Once in a while after I have been disconnect I log back on and try to access a table and I get an error ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified. Now, no one else is using my account, so I am lead to believe (I am limited on ORacle KNowledge, so this may be for from the truth) I created a table(s) during one session, then I got disconnected, and Oracle hadn't cleaned up its "cache" to free the table(s). (That's my spin on it.)
    Anyways, I need a way to unlock this table. So if anyone knows how, and maybe why this is happening, it would be great to know.

Thanks.

-Josh
    1) INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME VALUES('Mrs o''Brian');

2) try and alter the table, this should release any lock on the table.
    rgs,

Ghostman