Question Unanswered: Returning Field names

Dear All,

I am new to databases and VB but, I'm trying to work out how to return field names in a listbox either via a query or VB.

Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I've searched the net and this.

Regards and thanks,

Paul :-)>

Re: Returning Field names

Originally posted by ricochet
    Dear All,

I am new to databases and VB but, I'm trying to work out how to return field names in a listbox either via a query or VB.

Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I've searched the net and this.

Regards and thanks,

Paul :-)>
    HI,

Im a little confused as to why you would want to display field names in a list box or a query?

if you run a query wizard and transfer all the fields over then yes you'll see them AND the data they hold
    could you be justa little more specific as to why you need to see the field names?

regards

gareth

Re: Returning Field names

Originally posted by garethfx
    HI,

Im a little confused as to why you would want to display field names in a list box or a query?

if you run a query wizard and transfer all the fields over then yes you'll see them AND the data they hold
    could you be justa little more specific as to why you need to see the field names?

regards

gareth
    Gareth,

Thanks for the reply, I have 6 Yes/No fields in a table and want to, for the purposes of readabilty to the user, place the names vertically in a listbox showing only the Yes value beside it.

I can populate a list box with the values and headings across the top, but it looks strange and would be more natural to read it on the form vertically.

Regards,

Paul

Hi paul

Ok list and combo boxes will work on a field only (no other way to my knowledge) by this i mean you will a main field to it ie

Field_last_name this will look down the lastnames it will shown other fields as well ie first_name so that the user will see a list drop down in front of them.

Looking at the tick box situation they, I assume are in different fields therefore you would have to have as many list boxes as tick boxes each saying yes - no in each which is not really user friendly at all

you would be better off allowing for a mouse click on/off as the user tabs through them - its also very much quicker

hope that it explains things for you

regards

gareth