Unanswered: Automate Morning Report

One of my users runs an Access Report every morning. Is there a way to automate this task? For example, I would like to schedule the report to run every morning at 9:00am.

Re: Automate Morning Report

Originally posted by ingineu
    One of my users runs an Access Report every morning. Is there a way to automate this task? For example, I would like to schedule the report to run every morning at 9:00am.
    Yes ... Windows Scheduler

What would my scheduled task look like? Examples of code that would execute the task would be helpful. Would it be a Batch file, VB Script file? I'm not sure how to continue this. Thanks

THe Task Scheduler is a windows program ... Try hunting for it I believe under Programs->Accessories->System Tools

I know where to find the Task Scheduler, as I have used it before. I'm just wondering what the code would look like, what type of file etc. It would have to open up Access, run the report, Close Access.

Make new MDB file, link the necessary tables and import the report.
    Schedule this mdb.

I have created a new 'adp' file with a macro that automatically outputs the report to the default printer. It seems that the Task Scheduler requires a password for SQL Server database access. How do I bypass entering the Password as I would like this to run without user intervention.

You can instead of automating the adp. Automate a batch file that calls the ADP and passes the password. The only drawback is the password is stored cleartext on your computer

Here is an example I use to automate a macro in an access database. It navigates to the access folder and launches access with command line perameters to open a database using a specific password. Replace the words in between the % signs with what applies to you

cd\
    cd Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office
    msaccess %Path to database%\%Database Name% /user %username% /pwd %password%

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by ingineu
    I have created a new 'adp' file with a macro that automatically outputs the report to the default printer. It seems that the Task Scheduler requires a password for SQL Server database access. How do I bypass entering the Password as I would like this to run without user intervention.
    Wait, you're hitting a SQL Server?

Does this report HAVE to look pretty? If not, you could run it as a stored procedure and execute/send it all entirely within SQL Server.

(Access 2002 SQL Server 2000 database)
    Sorry for the delay, I have setup a new 'ADP' file that upon STARTUP opens a FORM, which in turn sets the Default Printer to an attached COLOR PRINTER, then PRINTs the Report, resets the Default Printer and finally exits Access. I have scheduled the Task to run on a daily basis. So far it has worked without prompting for a password.
    Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.