Unanswered: checl box problem

I posted this problem before, but have not (as yet) been able to set up the db so the data represented by the "X" is stored in a table.

I have an Access Form that contains over 75 check boxes. I Need to set it up so that when a user checks the box with an "X", the check mark represents a complete statement that can be merged into a Word document. I know how to complete the merge once the query is complete, I am just not clear on how to set up the check box system so that "X" is short for the statement that it represents. I know this can be done, I just need some guidance on where to start.

The main problem is that each statement can be more than one sentence and contains more than 255 characters each!. So, if I attempt to make a field out of each statement, Access won't allow it. Any ideas you have will help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

davedenn@sbcglobal.net

Re: checl box problem

Originally posted by davedenn
    I posted this problem before, but have not (as yet) been able to set up the db so the data represented by the "X" is stored in a table.

I have an Access Form that contains over 75 check boxes. I Need to set it up so that when a user checks the box with an "X", the check mark represents a complete statement that can be merged into a Word document. I know how to complete the merge once the query is complete, I am just not clear on how to set up the check box system so that "X" is short for the statement that it represents. I know this can be done, I just need some guidance on where to start.

The main problem is that each statement can be more than one sentence and contains more than 255 characters each!. So, if I attempt to make a field out of each statement, Access won't allow it. Any ideas you have will help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

davedenn@sbcglobal.net
    What do you mean by "the check mark represents a complete statement "? Each checkbox is a complete query? Expression? Clause? Column? Are you looking for logic to build an SQL statement?