Unanswered: Solution To Insert Records Into Msacess Using Vbscript

Remember that updateable query problem I was having? Well I've finally solved it Thanks to much help, And I'd thought I'd post the solution for all you Windows Xp Pro users!
    1. First of all, you must make sure that the write permission is assigned to your website under IIS
    2. Then change the security settings for the folder which your database is contained in via the security tab. To get the security tab up you must goto windows explorer, click on tool>>folder options, view tab and unclick the use simple file sharing option and click on ok
    3. Right-click on the folder containing your database, click on properties then select security tab, please add new user, the user name should be IUSR_PCNAME, where PCNAME is the name you have given to your computer, e.g mine is GLADIATOR so user is IUSR_GLADIATOR, assign read and write permissions to this user, once finished click on ok.

Hope this helps out other users!

Re: Solution To Insert Records Into Msacess Using Vbscript

Originally posted by jenzien
    Remember that updateable query problem I was having? Well I've finally solved it Thanks to much help, And I'd thought I'd post the solution for all you Windows Xp Pro users!
    1. First of all, you must make sure that the write permission is assigned to your website under IIS
    2. Then change the security settings for the folder which your database is contained in via the security tab. To get the security tab up you must goto windows explorer, click on tool>>folder options, view tab and unclick the use simple file sharing option and click on ok
    3. Right-click on the folder containing your database, click on properties then select security tab, please add new user, the user name should be IUSR_PCNAME, where PCNAME is the name you have given to your computer, e.g mine is GLADIATOR so user is IUSR_GLADIATOR, assign read and write permissions to this user, once finished click on ok.

Hope this helps out other users!
    hey mate, don't know you but i really have to thank you for this information cause it solved my problem!!!!!!!!!