Unanswered: Requery Subform Problem

Hi. I have a sub form attached to a main form. The record source of the subform is a table. The subform is formatted to datasheet view. Ok. Here's what I am trying to do. The users chooses a value on the main form from a combo box. After the event occurs I want to add records from one table to the table in which is the record source for my subform. I can do that just fine but when I requery the subform record the data does not show up in the subform. My sub is below.

Any thoughts on what the heck is going on?

Private Sub Update_sfrmEstimateDetails()

On Error GoTo Err_Update_sfrmEst_Details

Dim intNumRecds As Integer

intNumRecds = 0

intNumRecds = Add_ClaimDetailstoTempTbl <-- function to add records from one table to sub form record source table.

If intNumRecds > 0 Then ' Verify records are present

Form_sfrmEstimateDetails.Requery

End If

Exit_Update_sfrmEst_Details:

Exit Sub

Err_Update_sfrmEst_Details:
    MsgBox "There was a problem appending the data to the temp table. Contact your administrator.", vbCritical, "CCS Estimator - Loss Location"
    MsgBox Err.Description
    GoTo Exit_Update_sfrmEst_Details
    End Sub

Thanks in advance!

How are you adding these records to the table? Look at that ... Is it via ADO or DAO?

I'm using DAO. Does that affect it?

Well taking a look at your code again .. There is a failure point where you trap If intNumRecds > 0 Then ... Can this fail? If it does then no Requery ... Check your logic again ...

yeah...that part works. it hits the requery line but nothing shows up on the requery??????????

Originally posted by waderw24
    yeah...that part works. it hits the requery line but nothing shows up on the requery??????????
    Then check your function. Are you sure it's adding records? Can you open the table outside of the subform and verify?