Unanswered: having a problem coming up with what i want

I am having a problem coming up with the information that I want when creating a query. Here is some info from my table:

[Q1] &nbsp&nbsp [Q2] &nbsp&nbsp [Q3] &nbsp&nbsp [Q4] &nbsp&nbsp [Q5] &nbsp&nbsp [Q6] &nbsp&nbsp [Overall]

&nbsp&nbsp 4 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp3 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 4 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 5 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 5 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 0

&nbsp&nbsp4 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 4 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 4 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 3 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 2 &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp 4

what I am trying to do is calculate [Overall] from the average of Q1-Q6,
    if Q6=0 then [Overall] would be the average of Q1-Q5...I can't seem to get this right for some reason. I tried the following code and it set [Overall] to be 4.00 for all records. Could someone give me an idea of how I may accomplish this?

UPDATE tbavg SET tbavg.[Overall Rating] = IIf([tbavg]![Q6]=0,(([tbavg]![Q1]+[tbavg]![Q2]+[tbavg]![Q3]+[tbavg]![Q4]+[tbavg]![Q5])/5),(([tbavg]![Q1]+[tbavg]![Q2]+[tbavg]![Q3]+[tbavg]![Q4]+[tbavg]![Q5]+[tbavg]![Q6])/6));

thanks for any help you can give...i am running access 97

The extremely Royal borough of Kensington, London
    update table
    set overall = (q1+q2+q3+q4+q5+q6)/(IIF(q6=0,5,6))
    Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk!
    Churchill: And Madam, you are ugly. And tomorrow, I'll be sober, and you will still be ugly.

thanks r123456, that works great. one thing that i'm seeing and i'm not sure why this is happening, is that when i am averaging numbers they are not coming out correct..example
    (([q1a]+[q1b])/2)
    (4+3)/2=3.00 instead of 3.50..can you tell me if i am doing something wrong here?