Unanswered: Problem in opening reports using informix dynamic server ver 7.0

Hello

I have noticed a problem in opening reports from informix. When in the mornings I open any reports they open within five minutes. But after few hours time the same reports dont open atall. If I see the onstat -u the number of reads for the session are alrmingly high. For eg when a query opens in 6000 reads in normal circumstances the same sql returns 100000+ reads.

Please Help

Re: Problem in opening reports using informix dynamic server ver 7.0

Originally posted by kiranparanjape
    Hello

I have noticed a problem in opening reports from informix. When in the mornings I open any reports they open within five minutes. But after few hours time the same reports dont open atall. If I see the onstat -u the number of reads for the session are alrmingly high. For eg when a query opens in 6000 reads in normal circumstances the same sql returns 100000+ reads.

Please Help
    Hi,

The numbers of read and write of onstat -u output are accumulative while on-line this ON-LINE.
    The delay of response of report, i think that the time response for ejecution of SQL statement.
    Run you periodicity update statistics ?

Gustavo.

Thanks Gustavo for the reply I partially agree with your answer but the number of reads increase for the exactly same sql statements even after restarting the session. so the case of accumalated read count is really ruled out. I would be obliged if you could help me more.

About update statistics : How to run update statisitcs for one tabble at a time and how will it really help me

Regards