Thread: Protecting code

Unanswered: Protecting code

Hi, I am developing an application in VBA, I want to protect an event from all users. which is like, only few users are allowed to see the results when they click on the button. or it should ask for the password.

I have seen an article "Protect Visual Basic for Applications code with a password" in Microsoft KB. I 'll be pleased if any body send me any example on this.

Regards,
    Omav

Re: Protecting code

Hi,

What about to try from the Tools menu ,then security the try set database password..
    I hope this will help you..

Yours,

Provided Answers: 1
    It is not adviable to protect your DB using a password. There are many programs on the net enalbing retreaving it.
    Just have a look to http://download.com.com/3000-2065-29...l?tag=lst-0-15

Also the same for Access 2000 and XP

Originally posted by hammbakka
    It is not adviable to protect your DB using a password. There are many programs on the net enalbing retreaving it.
    Just have a look to http://download.com.com/3000-2065-29...l?tag=lst-0-15

Also the same for Access 2000 and XP
    So much for security eh?

Smile Re: Protecting code

Originally posted by omavlana
    Hi, I am developing an application in VBA, I want to protect an event from all users. which is like, only few users are allowed to see the results when they click on the button. or it should ask for the password.

I have seen an article "Protect Visual Basic for Applications code with a password" in Microsoft KB. I 'll be pleased if any body send me any example on this.

Regards,
    Omav
    If you are trying to protect code from being viewed in later versions of Access, in a code window you select tools, properties and the protection tab. You have a few options here as well.

Personally, I have not needed to use this so I don't know of any quirks it may have.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

It sounds like you wish to password protect the execution of a certain event.

Just write an if statement that looks for a password, the you will ask for, and compares it to the valid one prior to running the code

S-