Smile Unanswered: Cannot find file or directory?

Hello. I'm a newbie and stuck.

You will need to upload your database file to your web space.
    You can use SSH to telnet into the account and use the following command:

mysql -u database_username -p database_name < filename

For example, if your database username is foo and your database file foo.sql, you would use: mysql -u foo -p foodb < foo.sql

When I enter, using Putty, I keep getting the message "can't find file or director" Now from what I gather, I need to be in the same directory as the .sql file. I have tried uploading the .sql dat file straight onto the the public_html on the server, and run the Putty.exe programme from there, also put the Putty.exe programe inside the folder alongside the .sql folder on my hard drive, but still no luck. I've been at this foor days, and read countless threads on it. Can someone please help me understand where I'm going wrong. Thank you.

Re: Cannot find file or directory?

Hi,

Case 1: you OS is Windows
    ---------------------------------

By default the file will be picked from the bin folder. So your foo.sql should be there in bin folder. Or else if you want to keep your file in c:\sql folder then give the full path.

Case 2: Unix OS
    -------------------

Most of the cases you cannot keep your file in bin fodler because of lack of permission. Place your file in ur home directory and give the full path name.
    Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Pulikunnu