Thread: forms LOV

Post Unanswered: forms LOV

How to use the LOV in Oracle Forms 9i to list date from other tables in a form? How can I creat a subform?

Re: forms LOV

Originally posted by konwin
    How to use the LOV in Oracle Forms 9i to list date from other tables in a form? How can I creat a subform?
    to create a lov you must first create a register group width the query you need and after create the lov matching each column of the query width each column in the lov and giving it's value to the item in your form.

you call a subform with open_form('form's name');
    or call_form('form's name');

Originally posted by plcabgut
    to create a lov you must first create a register group width the query you need and after create the lov matching each column of the query width each column in the lov and giving it's value to the item in your form.

you call a subform with open_form('form's name');
    or call_form('form's name');
    Thanks a lot! I don't habe a big experience with oracle forms. How should I fill the LOV with values? I have created a LOV with the LOV-wizard but, the aren't any values in the list.

Where should I type the text for a subform?

Do You know Oracle WebDB2.x? Where can I get it? I can't find it on the Oracle site... :|

Originally posted by konwin
    How should I fill the LOV with values? I have created a LOV with the LOV-wizard but, the aren't any values in the list.

Where should I type the text for a subform?

Do You know Oracle WebDB2.x? Where can I get it? I can't find it on the Oracle site... :|
    first when you have created the lov with the wizard it wonders about where come from the data from a new register group or existing register group.

if you have created from one of them you must assign the results to the items in your form. go to the properties palete of the lov and to the property 'columns matching properties' it opens a small window with white text items where you must have the elements thats return you register group and in the botton there is a text item where you must put the name of the item where it returns the data.

second where you want to call to the form? from the menu or some button i think you mus put it in a unit of plsql code or in a trigger, study call_form, open form or other instruction to call the form that i don't remember know.

thirth i dont know nothing about Oracle WebDB2.x i'm sorry.

well as you can see my english is not so good, but i think enough clear.

Originally posted by plcabgut
    first when you have created the lov with the wizard it wonders about where come from the data from a new register group or existing register group.

if you have created from one of them you must assign the results to the items in your form. go to the properties palete of the lov and to the property 'columns matching properties' it opens a small window with white text items where you must have the elements thats return you register group and in the botton there is a text item where you must put the name of the item where it returns the data.

second where you want to call to the form? from the menu or some button i think you mus put it in a unit of plsql code or in a trigger, study call_form, open form or other instruction to call the form that i don't remember know.

thirth i dont know nothing about Oracle WebDB2.x i'm sorry.

well as you can see my english is not so good, but i think enough clear.
    Thank you! It was very helpfull. When I come back home today, I'll tray it