Unanswered: paradox 9 runtime?

Hey all,
    I d/l'd the pdox 9 runtime off the corel ftp site sometime ago, however I recently deleted it and want to use it again. Unfortunately, when I go to the corel ftp site now, the only things in the pdox 9 folder are updates (there's a file labeled pdox9.exe but it's the pdox 9 sp 2). If anyone could point me in the direction of the paradox 9 runtime, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks much!

--ok, ignore this, just found the file after some searching.---
    wish I could delete the post to keep from cluttering up.

Alright, to make use of this wasted thread: I'm interested in the web capabilities of pdox 9 sp3. To start off, I've very little experience with the actual programming of paradox so some of my questions may be idiotic - please forgive any blatently foolish questions. If I wanted to be able to access a paradox application online, what would I need to do, e.g., would it be possible to have the same codebase for a desktop application and an online version of said application, is there any remote chance that the web utilities of pdox 9 can dynamically translate the paradox forms/info into html/web information??? if not what are some of the steps that are necessary to have access to a paradox application via the web? Thanks muc!!

---further edit, how does one go about incorporating the table repair utility into the runtime?--

--and another edit, does the runtime install the BDE or does that need to be done seperately???---

--ok more editing: does anyone know where in the documentation it states that the paradox runtime is freely distributable? (needed for legal/convincing reasons). Thanks!--

muchas gracias to all.
    Last edited by temp; 03-01-04 at 15:07.

Paradox9 does support web based programming. It can be used for creating dynamic web pages based on your tables etc... I have not tried it myself, but the Paradox expert on this is Tony McGuire (find him here: http://www.thedbcommunity.com/inet/) and he can probably give you more details.

Table repair can be incorporated, but it requires more coding than you would think. The table repair DLL must be called and used directly in ObjectPAL. I think Sundial Services (http://www.sundialservices.com/) has an add-on that makes this simpler.

The BDE installs with runtime.

The doumentation can be found in the EULA during install of Runtime. Just copy and paste it.

lmckelvy,
    thanks again, you are a vertiable fount of information - also curious if paradox 9 runtime has the compatibility issues that paradox 7 had (I assume that it does not but just want to be sure - my xp machine is locked down so it's a pain in the ass to install/uninstall things to test this).

thanks again!

I skipped version 7 so I can't answer that. I use 9 on XP-Pro PCs all the time. The only thing that caused a problem was the XP permissions issues in the Corel and Borland folders/subfolders (also the netfile location if on one of the local machines). You have to insure that the users have FULL ACCESS rights. Always double check this.

lmckelvy,
    quick followup, do you happen to know of any information/articles/posts/etc., that point to incorporating the table repair utility into the runtime environment?
    thanks again!

Not right off the top of my head. I developed a form a while back that went through my drive and checked my tables using the DLL for the table repair utility. If I can dig up the code I'll post it.