Question Unanswered: Installing Oracle 9iDS under Mandrake Linux 9.2?

I'm having some problems installing the 9i Developer Suite pacakge under Mandrake LInux. Are there any guides or tutorials here or elsewhere on the 'net for this install? I've put 9iDS on NUMEROUS windows XP machines, and I'm somewhat new to Linux at the moment. I'm getting the hang of it slowly but surely.

I've got the cpio file from Oracle's website, and the Universal Installer starts okay when I run the shell script, but it hangs up in several places...

I've seen many guides for installing 9iDS under Red Hat, but there seems to be not much documentation about it for Mandrake, Suse, Slackware, Debian, etc... Oracle's installation guides aren't much help either.

Please help me out guys, this is one of the last applications I need to port over to Linux and then I'll be completely free of Windows.

FWIW, my main problem is an error message that says: "Error in invoking target install of makefile " and gives me a few different files it's looking for.

Then when it asks me to run the root.sh script as root, it tells me that "/bin/chmod: failed to get attributes of `/home/paul/OraHome1/network/agent/html': No such file or directory
    "

I also get this message in the Details for the Net Configuration Assistant:

Parsing command line arguments:
    Parameter "orahome" = /home/paul/OraHome1
    Parameter "instype" = custom
    Parameter "inscomp" = client,oraclenet
    Parameter "insprtcl" = tcp,tcps
    Parameter "cfg" = local
    Parameter "authadp" = NO_VALUE
    Parameter "nodeinfo" = NO_VALUE
    Parameter "responsefile" = /home/paul/OraHome1/network/install/netca_clt.rsp
    Done parsing command line arguments.
    libclntsh.so.9.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (libnjni9.so)
    Error loading native library: libnjni9.so.
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: jniGetOracleHome
    at oracle.net.common.NetGetEnv.getOracleHome(NetGetEn v.java)
    at oracle.net.ca.CmdlineArgs.setOraArgs(CmdlineArgs.j ava)
    at oracle.net.ca.NetCA.<init>(NetCA.java)
    at oracle.net.ca.NetCA.main(NetCA.java)

Then the Installer just hangs up.

It looks as though I'm missing a library file? What sort of dependancies am I missing here?