Thread: help on ontape

Unanswered: help on ontape

Hi All,

Im a new user of Informix and im wondering if you could possibly help me with this problem i encountered.

Im backing up my IDS 7.3 to a remote tape drive and informix prompts me with this message "could not write archive tape". Here are the entries of onconfig.

TAPEDEV servername:/dev/rmt/0
    BLOCKSIZE 48
    TAPESIZE 5000000

Im running on Solaris 2.6 on both machines and using an external 4mm Archive Python tape device.

Hope someone could enlighten me on this error. Thanks in advance!!

Re: help on ontape

Originally posted by sarchi
    Hi All,

Im a new user of Informix and im wondering if you could possibly help me with this problem i encountered.

Im backing up my IDS 7.3 to a remote tape drive and informix prompts me with this message "could not write archive tape". Here are the entries of onconfig.

TAPEDEV servername:/dev/rmt/0
    BLOCKSIZE 48
    TAPESIZE 5000000

Im running on Solaris 2.6 on both machines and using an external 4mm Archive Python tape device.

Hope someone could enlighten me on this error. Thanks in advance!!
    Hi,

The hostname must be in /etc/hosts files of both servers, the .rhosts file must be in user $HOME and test rsh server_2 ls -l /tmp. If this run fine ?, then run ontape distributed.

Gustavo.

Thumbs up Re: help on ontape

Originally posted by gurey
    Hi,

The hostname must be in /etc/hosts files of both servers, the .rhosts file must be in user $HOME and test rsh server_2 ls -l /tmp. If this run fine ?, then run ontape distributed.

Gustavo.
    Hi Gustavo,

Thank you so much for the reply, ive checked the .rhosts files on both machines and it turns out that there was a typo error on one of the servers specified. Again thank you so much.

Sarchi