Unanswered: The perfect Excel Table design?

Hi Folks,
    at a moment i am facing the unenviable task to design an Excel sheet as a template for an excel output feature for an online questionnaire tool.
    I am looking for inspiration on displaying the results of single answer questions, multiple answers questions and matrices( is that the plural?) . Percentages and absolute numbers.
    I know, i know, that's simple you might say, but you do not know my client.
    Links or hints will be appreciated

Welcome to the Board!

Maybe you can post some of what you've got so far?

If we have an idea of what you're looking for it might be easier to modify it.

Smitty

Smile

Here is yet another of my templates turned down.
    Geez, actually i would be quite happy to see some examples how other people design their tables.
    Everything will be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

That looks like a pretty standard speadsheet design, although I don't speak German, so I don't have the foggiest idea of what you're getting percentages on.

2 things to consider though - You have a lot of disparate ranges, I.E. ranges with 4 rows, one with 5 and so on. That can make summarization of multiple sheets difficult, especially if any of those ranges will ever be bigger/smaller. Second, depending on your PC, extending formatting all the way out to IV can impair spreadsheet performance and size. Keep your formatting in just the Used Range, then delete the unused rows & columns to clear the formatting and memory.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Now, i got this as an suggestion. (without the graphics they said)
    So the spreadsheet is dead for now, i guess.
    Those people seem to be determined to keep me busy.
    I would still appreciate some suggestions according to what standards a good (perfect ) Excel table collection should meet.

Or if you ever wanted to vent your frustration about an especially stupid table design, this would be the time and the place

Awright, awright, only .zips, i forgot.
    So here's the next step in my quest.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's a link with some pointers: http://www.ozgrid.com/News/excel-spreadsheet-design.htm

And a good place to look for ideas is the Microsoft Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/template...ES790020041033 They're not the best in the world, but they will give you some layout ideas.

As for stupid or non-intuitive spreadhseet design, oh where to start. Although it does bring an old quote to mind:
    Be aware though, that a user with a middling knowledge of Excel will be able to find your code. I don't have to worry, my end-users are complete nincompoops.
    Hope that helps,

Smitty

EDIT: Your sheet looks pretty good from a presentation standpont, but like I said, I don't speak German, so I don't know what you're doing.
    Last edited by Smitty; 03-11-04 at 13:11.