Unanswered: Need help with a Form and Query

A form I am building does not work. Here is the problem:

First entry is a combo box from a table.
    Second entry is another combo box from a query, it is filtered by the first combo box entry.
    The second combo box does not provide the correct data. The query data is always related to the prevous entry. When I open and close the form the the data is blank on the first try.

I made a macro to bring up the query after the first entry is made. The query displays the correct data. However, the current query data does not make it to the second combo box when called.

What am I over looking? Why would the second combo box display the previous entry?

Any suggestions.

Re: Need help with a Form and Query

It is very possible that you are not requerying the second combo box in order to re-read the query. Search Help for info about the macro action "Requery" (which takes only the name of the control as its parameter).

Originally posted by OKdiver
    A form I am building does not work. Here is the problem:

First entry is a combo box from a table.
    Second entry is another combo box from a query, it is filtered by the first combo box entry.
    The second combo box does not provide the correct data. The query data is always related to the prevous entry. When I open and close the form the the data is blank on the first try.

I made a macro to bring up the query after the first entry is made. The query displays the correct data. However, the current query data does not make it to the second combo box when called.

What am I over looking? Why would the second combo box display the previous entry?

Any suggestions.
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com