Unanswered: Bind a textbox with field in ADO recordset?

Does anybody know how to bind a textbox in Access with a field in an ADO recordset? Thank you

I can do it sucessfully in VB where you set the datasource property and datafield property

textbox.datasource = rs
    textbox.datafield = "FieldName"

However in access those two properties do not exist only a controlsource property.

Is there a way of binding the textbox in Access in a similar manner to VB using ADO (not using the Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0) in code?

Thanks for any help.
    In abundance of water only the fool is thirsty. Bob Marley.

With VBA binding controls requires either a table or query (we won't talk about value lists) ... An ADO recordset is neither ... If you could dump your recordset into a temp table then you could do the binding with the RowSource property.

Thank you for the advice, but I am trying to get around that by assigning an ADO recordset to the Forms recordsource like this:

Private Sub Form_Load()

Set rsTEST = New ADODB.Recordset
    rsTEST.Open "SELECT * FROM AD_Countries", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenStatic, adLockBatchOptimistic
    Set me.Recordset = rsTEST

Which works fine, then I assign the Forms recordset object to a control like this:

Set ActiveXCtl5.Recordset = Me.Recordset

and finally the I assign the textboxs field

Text6.ControlSource = "Description"

When I open the form, the forms default control (at the bottom of form Please see attached image) navigates fine. However the ActiveX control doesn't navigate the bound textbox (I know the control has the data as I can navigate with the recordcount and find works fine)

My problem is how come the bound control on the form which is associated with the recordset does not reflect the ActiveX control navigation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.gif  

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.