Exclamation Unanswered: Encrypt members.mdb

Hi

I'm making a ASP internet page with a Access database. I'm making a login page for members. But is there a way so i can encrypt infomation in the .mdb file? like password? i tried search the forum, but couldn't find anything similar to this! Could anyone help me here?

thanks, snowfrek

You can encrypt/encode the entire database if that's what you're getting at?

Originally posted by BenCustalow
    You can encrypt/encode the entire database if that's what you're getting at?
    hmm, isn't there a way like unix passwords. just encrypt the password in the passwd file?

Do you want to encrypt the database or just certain fields in it?
    If you only want to encrypt certain fields in it, you can write your own encryption or get a strong third party one such as blowfish - either was you will need to add in code to tell access what and when to encrypt and decrypt.

Brian.

Originally posted by brianb99999
    Do you want to encrypt the database or just certain fields in it?
    If you only want to encrypt certain fields in it, you can write your own encryption or get a strong third party one such as blowfish - either was you will need to add in code to tell access what and when to encrypt and decrypt.

Brian.
    yes, as in fields with blowfish!
    anyone who could give me an example on what code i need to add to the .asp page to let access get the right info?

snowfreek