Question Unanswered: I've got some problems whith Oracle!

I've got some questions that I would be very thankfull if anyone could answer me:
    1- How do I declare if I want all the fields NOT NULL when I create a new table.
    2- How can I traspass my information in Access to a Oracle database.
    Thank you.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: I've got some problems whith Oracle!

Originally posted by xaobao
    1- How do I declare if I want all the fields NOT NULL when I create a new table.
    You have to specify NOT NULL in each and every column definition.

Re: I've got some problems whith Oracle!

I think that there is a better way to do it, i'm sure but when i had to do this i didn't waste too much time investigating in it.
    I did like this
    make a query in access that gives a response like this
    INSERT INTO TMD_LOCALIDADES (COD_PROVINCIA, COD_LOCALIDAD, NOM_LOCALIDAD, NOM_MUNICIPIO) VALUES ('11','110030001','ALGAR','ALGAR');
    the query i used was this
    SELECT 'INSERT INTO TMD_LOCALIDADES (COD_PROVINCIA, COD_LOCALIDAD, NOM_LOCALIDAD, NOM_MUNICIPIO) VALUES (''33'','''+[CODIGO]+''','''+[NOMBRE]+''','''+[MUNICIPO]+''');'
    FROM TABLA1;
    take care if the comma ' escaped comma is ''

after I export the results as text in a file called inserts.sql
    and execute it from TOAD or SQLplus as script

Pedro Caballero

If you are asking how to transfter Access data to an Oracle database, here's a suggestion:

a) In Oracle, pre-create an empty table of the structure that you need.

b) In Access, right-click the tables button in the Objects menu of the Database pop-up. You then have the option to "Link Tables". Click that and then when it prompts you for a file name, go to the "Files of Type" field and choose ODBC databases from the dropdown.

c) You should then see a list of ODBC services..(If you haven't configured them, then you need to "configure an ODBC data source". Look that up on your own if you don't know what I'm talking about. There is plenty of documentation on how to do it.)

d) Once you choose an ODBC service, access will prompt you for the Oracle Service Name, username and password. Enter them and then you will be able to choose from a list of tables to link to.

e) After you have linked to the Oracle table, simply do an insert into it from your source table.

Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by saundman2000
    If you are asking how to transfter Access data to an Oracle database, here's a suggestion:
    "traspass", "transfter" - that's two new words I've seen today