Question Unanswered: Requery goes to first record..help!!!

Hi! I am still a newbie with Access VBA so this might sound real easy for you (hopefully)!

Basically I have a form called "TRDX_Cal_frm" and on that form, a subform called "TRDXCalHistory_subform". I append certain data from the form to the subform with a control button and I requery the data on the subform to have an instant update so the user can see that it was added.
    The problem is when I requery, the subform goes back to the first record, which I do not want. I need it to stay at the same record, or loop back to that record.
    Is there a simple way to do this?

Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Owen

Re: Requery goes to first record..help!!!

Include the key field in the subform (hidden if you like). Store the value of the key of the current record in a variable. Do the Requery. Do a "FindFirst" in the RecordSetClone of the subform to find the key value. Bookmark the record. Set the subform's .Bookmark property to the same bookmark.

Hope this helps!!

By the way, in case you're wondering why not simply bookmark the record, do the requery and then return to the bookmark, the problem is that the Requery erases any bookmarks you've set.
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

That sounds exactly what I need to do, however I would need more details as to how to do it exactly, I am an idiot when it comes to writing code.

Thanks!

Owen

Originally posted by andybriggs
    Include the key field in the subform (hidden if you like). Store the value of the key of the current record in a variable. Do the Requery. Do a "FindFirst" in the RecordSetClone of the subform to find the key value. Bookmark the record. Set the subform's .Bookmark property to the same bookmark.

Hope this helps!!

By the way, in case you're wondering why not simply bookmark the record, do the requery and then return to the bookmark, the problem is that the Requery erases any bookmarks you've set.

Originally posted by Owen34
    That sounds exactly what I need to do, however I would need more details as to how to do it exactly, I am an idiot when it comes to writing code.

Thanks!

Owen
    OR YOU CAN JUST SIMIPLY SORT YOUR RECORDS DESC BY DATE OF UPDATE OR SORT BY ID DESC (IF YOU HAVE THE FIELD)

Make sure you requery the subform and not the form or the subform control. I am assuming you are doing:

Me.TRDXCalHistory_subform.Requery
    or
    TRDXCalHistory_subform.Requery

However if you requery the subform's form like this:

Me.TRDXCalHistory_subform.Form.Requery

I think you should see the added records without it moving to the first record.

THANKS!!

This works perfectly!

Originally posted by DCKunkle
    Make sure you requery the subform and not the form or the subform control. I am assuming you are doing:

Me.TRDXCalHistory_subform.Requery
    or
    TRDXCalHistory_subform.Requery

However if you requery the subform's form like this:

Me.TRDXCalHistory_subform.Form.Requery

I think you should see the added records without it moving to the first record.

Re:Bookmark a form's recordset

Originally posted by andybriggs

Hope this helps!!

The subform has two navigation buttons to move records. I’m able to write the record when it first moved to it but when I moved back to it and edit the record an error displayed: “Either BOF or EOF is true, or the current record has beed deleted. Request operation requires a current record.” Both of the navigation buttons are longer working. I did a debug on recordset using recordcount property it showed there is one record which is incorrect. I had a feeling I need to bookmark the record. I am not sure why since I created a recordset base on the form. I hope you can help!
    Thank you!

Private Sub cmdPrevious_Click()
    Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
    On Error GoTo Err_cmdPrevious_Click

Set rst = Me.Recordset
    Debug.Print rst.RecordCount

If Me!cmdNext.Enabled = False Then
    Me!cmdNext.Enabled = True
    End If

rst.MovePrevious
    rst.MovePrevious

If rst.BOF Then