Unanswered: Excel and Database Connection

My IT departement is migrating our SQL server Database onto a new server--Much of the company is using excel as a front end app to read off of certain tables on the Database-- My question is how can I avoid having to re-create all the Excel workbooks with the new Database connection? I've tried simple changing the properties of the DSN to point to the new server but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    C

Re: Excel and Database Connection

Isn't it just a matter of reconfiguring the ODBC connection on users computers: the same ODBC name, changed parameters (server name)?
    The change should be transparent.

Originally posted by Veetold
    Isn't it just a matter of reconfiguring the ODBC connection on users computers: the same ODBC name, changed parameters (server name)?
    The change should be transparent.
    Originally thats what I thought as well. As it turns out though Excel is storing the connection string in the file itself--Even when I change the ODBC on my machine it still points to the old server.

I had a similar problem: only port number changed for the SQL server and my and I was unable to refresh my report.
    You can edit your Excel with DOS Norton Commander like tool and change what you need.