Unhappy Unanswered: Pro*C makefile and "Unable to connect" error...

Hi all....I did a search of the forums and didn't find anything terribly helpful. I apologize if this has been answered before and I didn't find it.

I'm trying to pre-compile a Pro*C program from a makefile and am getting an "PCC-F-02104, Unable to connect to Oracle" error.

The odd thing is, if I cut and paste the EXACT command generated by the makefile and execute it at the command line, the command runs with no problems at all.

Here's the the output from the makefile:

proc code=ansi_c sqlcheck=full parse=full userid=myuser/mypass iname=woof.pc

Pro*C/C++: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Tue Mar 2 10:49:32 2004

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

System default option values taken from: /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg

PCC-F-02104, Unable to connect to Oracle
    make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.

I cut and paste and get:

>proc code=ansi_c sqlcheck=full parse=full userid=myuser/mypass iname=woof.pc <

Pro*C/C++: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Tue Mar 2 10:50:50 2004

System default option values taken from: /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg

>ls -ltr

-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 3171 Mar 02 10:50 woof.c

Anyone have any ideas? I've put echo commands into the makefile to ensure that it isn't running in another shell where ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID aren't defined. The makefile finds those environment variables fine and dandy.

And help is much appreciated. Thanks. :-)

Re: Pro*C makefile and "Unable to connect" error...

Originally posted by dmerideth
    Hi all....I did a search of the forums and didn't find anything terribly helpful. I apologize if this has been answered before and I didn't find it.

I'm trying to pre-compile a Pro*C program from a makefile and am getting an "PCC-F-02104, Unable to connect to Oracle" error.

The odd thing is, if I cut and paste the EXACT command generated by the makefile and execute it at the command line, the command runs with no problems at all.

Here's the the output from the makefile:

proc code=ansi_c sqlcheck=full parse=full userid=myuser/mypass iname=woof.pc

Pro*C/C++: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Tue Mar 2 10:49:32 2004

PCC-F-02104, Unable to connect to Oracle
    make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop.

I cut and paste and get:

>proc code=ansi_c sqlcheck=full parse=full userid=myuser/mypass iname=woof.pc <

Pro*C/C++: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Tue Mar 2 10:50:50 2004

>ls -ltr

-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 3171 Mar 02 10:50 woof.c

Anyone have any ideas? I've put echo commands into the makefile to ensure that it isn't running in another shell where ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID aren't defined. The makefile finds those environment variables fine and dandy.

And help is much appreciated. Thanks. :-)
    Try this
    userid=myuser/mypass@tnsname and remove "iname=woof.pc "

This error like unable to connect to oracle can occur if your sql password has expired/about to expire.
    try manually logging in sql using sqlplus userid/password.
    even if you are getting the message like
    ERROR:
    ORA-28002: the password will expire within 10 days
    while logging in sqlplus the compilation can throw an error.
    In this case try changing the password.