Question Unanswered: disable/prevent/control printing from specific forms?

Looking for code examples on how to disable the print function and/or control how it works. Anyone?

I am thinking about the following:

- remove the print preview and print menu chioces all together when viewing a specific form, INCLUDING disabling shortcut keys such as CRTL+P
    - removing print preview, allowing printouts to only specified printers, and not allowing to print portions, all or nothing
    - for example prevent printing to PDF other than through an automated process where the path/doc name is hard-coded and not displayed for the user. For example print a report that will automatically be placed in the a folder share on the chief officer´s PC, etc. (where write access is set, but not read, hence just put and forget...) That means that the bosses can delegate printing reports without letting the printer person access/see the content. Practical.

D.

You can create custom menus, icons and toolbars to disable these features. You can also disable the "Use Special Access Keys" option in the startup options to disable many special functions. (Note: be very careful with the last option. You may not be able to debug you application. Access has some good help on this.)
    Cathy

Question

Originally posted by csbaker
    You can create custom menus, icons and toolbars to disable these features. You can also disable the "Use Special Access Keys" option in the startup options to disable many special functions. (Note: be very careful with the last option. You may not be able to debug you application. Access has some good help on this.)
    Yes, I know. Unfortunately, since I am using MDE frontends, I cannot use Custom Toolbars as far as I know, one of the caveeats of MDEs. And I am removing all of the startup tick marks already (keeping the original MDB untouched, of course, only doing that with the MDE publish version)

But there must surely be a way to disable File/Print, also while using MDE's? (or at least capture a print and enforce a specific printer, perhaps also disabling printing options) I know there is a commondlg.printdialog or something that can be used in vba, but what is the possibilities/correct syntax? Any online reference for this anywhere?

Anyone?

Daniel