Question Unanswered: F9 will crash Access

I have Access 2000 installed on a Windows 2000 SP4 computer. I have a database that has forms and subforms with active dsums in the forms. When I update one forms table, then I would like to be able to see the changes in other forms pul downs. This can be done one of 2 ways. Records/Refresh or the F9 function key. The first works. However when I hit the F9 key Access will always lockup/crash.

Any ideas?

In the form, do you have Key Preview on? This would be in the Events tab of the Form Properties. If so, whenever you press a key another event, On Key Press is activated. There might be some code in that event that might be bombing.

I checked each one of my forms and non had a Key Preview on.

Unhappy F9 crash Access

When I pressed F9 in form view. Access crashed. I upgraded from Access 2000 to 2003 today and the same thing happens. I was hopeing the error checking features could help, but I have not seen how yet. Any Ideas?

Use a macro or vb code

To run the Requery method on your combo boxes or list boxes

A workaround, which might actually be better than having your user take an extra step to refresh the lists.

Hook the vb code to an AfterUpdate event and you don't have to bother with having the user worry about it at all, otherwise make a button to do it.