Unanswered: setting up an update query...problem with sql

Hello,

Here is what I'm attempting to do. I have tbmain that gets it's data from a form...I'm attempting to set up a tbavg that pulls info from tbmain from which I will pull reports. I am getting an error message that says Access didn't update the 8 fields due to a type conversion failure. Can anyone give me any insight into this error? Below is the sql for this query.

UPDATE DISTINCTROW tbmain LEFT JOIN tbavg ON tbmain.[Call ID] = tbavg.[Call ID] SET tbavg.[Call ID] = [tbmain].[Call ID], tbavg.[Call Type] = [tbmain].[Call Type], tbavg.[Analyst Name] = [tbmain].[Analyst Name], tbavg.Evaluator = [tbmain].[Evaluator], tbavg.[Date] = [tbmain].[Date], tbavg.Q1 = ([tbmain].[1a]+[tbmain].[1b])/2, tbavg.Q2 = ([tbmain].[2a]+[tbmain].[2b])/2, tbavg.Q3 = ([tbmain].[3a]+"tbmain[3b]")/2, tbavg.Q4 = ([tbmain].[4a]+[tbmain].[4b])/2, tbavg.Q5 = ([tbmain].[5a]+[tbmain].[5b]+[tbmain].[5c])/3, tbavg.Q6 = ([tbmain].[6a]+[tbmain].[6b]+"tbmain[6c]")/3, tbavg.Overall = ([tbmain].[1a]+[tbmain].[1b]+[tbmain].[2a]+[tbmain].[2b]+[tbmain].[3a]+[tbmain].[3b]+[tbmain].[4a]+[tbmain].[4b]+[tbmain].[5a]+[tbmain].[5b]+[tbmain].[5c]+[tbmain].[6a]+[tbmain].[6b]+[tbmain].[6c])/(IIf([tbmain].[6a]=0,11,14)), tbavg.Comments = [tbmain].[Comments], tbavg.[Training Needs] = [tbmain].[Training Needs]
    WHERE (((tbavg.[Call ID]) Is Null));

I'd start by making sure that each of the fields in the calculation can be evaluated to a number.
    Cathy

some of the fields are text and others are memo. Is there special rules for them?

Text and memo fields must be characters. By looking at what you have here, my first thought is that you are dividing by something that cannot be evaluated as a number.
    Cathy

Unhappy

The fields that are being divided are all numerical fields, the text and memo fields are the ones in the beginning of the sql and the two fields at the end.