Unanswered: Word Merge help!!

Hi, I've spent a long time trying to figure this out, but can't find help anywhere!!! I have a spreadsheet (not written by me) where I need to pull the dates off the spreadsheet into a Word merge. The problem is, when word pulls it over, it's a number (such as 0.4375 instead of 10:30 AM) In fact, if I try to change the format of the column to general, then type over the number to put in how I want it to pull over in the merge, it reverts it back to the messed up format that won't pull over correctly. Any ideas?? Thanks! This is driving me nuts.....!!

Re: Word Merge help!!

Originally posted by vandiemen911
    Hi, I've spent a long time trying to figure this out, but can't find help anywhere!!! I have a spreadsheet (not written by me) where I need to pull the dates off the spreadsheet into a Word merge. The problem is, when word pulls it over, it's a number (such as 0.4375 instead of 10:30 AM) In fact, if I try to change the format of the column to general, then type over the number to put in how I want it to pull over in the merge, it reverts it back to the messed up format that won't pull over correctly. Any ideas?? Thanks! This is driving me nuts.....!!
    Just an idea but could you revert the number to text. This way it should pass to word as text rather than a formatted number.

you could use formula like
    =TEXT(B1,"hh:mm AM/PM")
    Then copy and pastespecial check values only to get just Text.

Hope this is of some use

David

Thanks, I 've tried it and it works! It's an extra step that I wouldn't want to bother with, but it certainly is a good work-around. Thanks for your help.