Thread: scheduler task

Unhappy Unanswered: scheduler task

Hi,
    I am using mysql for DBMS, jsp, tomcat for server, window for OS. I am trying to scedule a task when it reaches 12:00am everyday, the database update itself with the column I specfic.
    Thanks alot

Re: scheduler task

Originally posted by samwong
    Hi,
    I am using mysql for DBMS, jsp, tomcat for server, window for OS. I am trying to scedule a task when it reaches 12:00am everyday, the database update itself with the column I specfic.
    Thanks alot
    Unfortunatelly there are not jobs in MySQL.
    You need write some script (in Perl, bash or whatever) which will connect to the DB and execute the update operation.
    If you are using Unix like OS then use the "cron" and if you are using Windows then try it with "scheduled tasks" or "at".

Unhappy Re: scheduler task

Originally posted by ika
    Unfortunatelly there are not jobs in MySQL.
    You need write some script (in Perl, bash or whatever) which will connect to the DB and execute the update operation.
    If you are using Unix like OS then use the "cron" and if you are using Windows then try it with "scheduled tasks" or "at".
    How do i use "scheduled tasks" or "at"? Is there a way to use jsp for that?
    Thanks again.

Re: scheduler task

Originally posted by samwong
    How do i use "scheduled tasks" or "at"? Is there a way to use jsp for that?
    Thanks again.
    How do i use "scheduled tasks" or "at"? - look for some Windows howto
    Is there a way to use jsp for that? - This is not good idea because JSP is server side language wich depends on application server.

Better solution is to create the bath file with:
    C:\somewhere\mysql.exe -h somehost -u usrname -p password -d databasename -e "update ......"
    and this batch file schedule in scheduled tasks

There are several scheduled-tasks tools available in Windows or in Unix. Use whichever scheduler suits your fancy.

Likewise, use whatever scripting-language suits your fancy. Notice, however, that the program won't be executing in the context of a web-server; it will simply be a program running on some computer somewhere.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com