Unanswered: oracle management server

I am new to oracle9i .I am using it on Windows XP.I am starting oracle management server service but it is not getting started.It is always in the starting... mode.Also I have changed the start parameters in the properties mode of the services by giving the repository user name and password but still it is not working.I want to start my server so that it can accept the connections from remote clients.
    HELP ME!

Oklahoma, USA
    To start the OMS, go to a command prompt and go to the ORACLE_HOME\network\log directory (on XP, probably something like C:\Oracle\Ora92\). Delete the dbsnmp.log and nmiconf.log files and try to restart the agent manually by issuing the command OEMCTL OMS START. If you don't have $ORACLE_HOME\bin in your path, you may have specify the entire path.

You will get some sort of error message at the command prompt and the two files you deleted above will indicate what your problem.

If you are simply looking to start your database, there should be a service created that is called OracleService<SID>. Start this up and you are in business...

Hope this helps.