Exclamation Unanswered: Linking gives wrong datatype in Access

Hi all!

Have a strange problem, we have an Oracle 8i server on W2K, it's a production server running fine for a couple of weeks now, when trying to link tables to Access via ODBC, Access shows wrong datatype for all tables. The thing is that if I recreate a table in Oracle looking exactly like it did before, it shows the right datatype in Access.

I use Oracle DBA Studio to get the tables DDL. Have done this for 5 tables and they all work fine both in Access and the production application. Have several hundred tables to recreate if I need to do them all, if someone knows why this is happening please tell me!!

Have tried 8i and 9i clients on W2k and XP with Access XP, always with the same result: if I recreate the table it gives the right datatype.

Funny like in weird!

Have a good one
    //Richard

Ensure you are using Oracle 8.7.4.5 ODBC driver. There were problems with earlier versions.

HTH
    Gregg

OK, I'll try that, thanks!

//R

Ummm, 8.7.4.5, I dont recognize that one. Could you help? On Oracles dl page, which one would that be?

Thanks
    //R

I apologize !!!! 8.1.7.4 ODBC on Metalink ... Download zip is just over 1meg...

Gregg

Yep, thought so, just dl 8.1.7.8.10 which seem to be the latest one.

Thanks!

//R