down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Unanswered: stopping the management server

Setup: 9iDB on W2K

I am attempting to stop the management server service. When I click "stop" it is asking me for a administrator login/password. (Uh Oh, you can see this coming). I have tried the sys/change_on_install system/manager and sysman/oem_temp combos, heck I even tried scott/tiger but no luck. Does anyone know of another "default" password for this?

I am trying to apply a patch. The instructions say to login as sysdba and shutdown the DB. I did that and then tried stopping the services. They all stop execpt the manager and the instance service.

Any help would be appreciated.
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".

Re: stopping the management server

Originally posted by Todd Barkus
    Setup: 9iDB on W2K

I am attempting to stop the management server service. When I click "stop" it is asking me for a administrator login/password. (Uh Oh, you can see this coming). I have tried the sys/change_on_install system/manager and sysman/oem_temp combos, heck I even tried scott/tiger but no luck. Does anyone know of another "default" password for this?

I am trying to apply a patch. The instructions say to login as sysdba and shutdown the DB. I did that and then tried stopping the services. They all stop execpt the manager and the instance service.

Any help would be appreciated.
    For some reason sysman/oem_temp pops into my head.
    The only problem w/ that is the first time you sign into the management server in 9i it prompts for a password change!

My only suggestion would be to go into Control Panel>Services and set Management Server for a manual startup!

down on the cube farm, left then right then another left

Re: stopping the management server

Originally posted by tlael
    For some reason sysman/oem_temp pops into my head.
    The only problem w/ that is the first time you sign into the management server in 9i it prompts for a password change!
    The system is on loan from client and they did not supply a password. (Yes I could contact client but I choose not to).

More than one way to skin this cat. I set manager to start manually and then rebooted. Problem solved.
    NOTE: Please disregard the label "Senior Member".