Unanswered: Input mask for e-mail address

Hi i am trying to create an input mask for an email address in my access database. I am trying to create a mask so it checks the @ and the .com/.co.uk etc.

Thanks in advance for the help

Re: Input mask for e-mail address

This would be immensely difficult - e-mail addresses can be very short (I came across one today that was just 7 characters long in total) or immensely long. Don't forget that the whole point of an input mask is to force the user to enter certain characters at certain positions, so how would you do this with an e-mail address? If you are merely trying to force the user to enter a "@" and a full stop at some point in the address, you can use the Instr function to check that these characters exist after the address has been entered. But, of course, an e-mail address can contain one or multiple full stops (or "periods" if you're American), so you hit the same problem. The only thing that we can say with certainty about all e-mail addresses is that, at some point, the address will contain a "@". The only way you could create an Input mask would be something like this :

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/.aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

where the "a" is an optional character.

Originally posted by bowside
    Hi i am trying to create an input mask for an email address in my access database. I am trying to create a mask so it checks the @ and the .com/.co.uk etc.

Thanks in advance for the help
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com