Unanswered: Excel Files merge into one XLS file

Hi,

I have generated few files with .CSV extension from Microsoft SQLserver2000. Client wants them to be in one XLS file with different worksheets for each of these files. How can I do it?

Thanks
    Vinnie

I hope I understand what you are asking. If this is a one-time event, then save the first file as an Excel workbook, not csv, that way you can have extra worksheets (csv files allow only one worksheet). As you open all the other csv files (you can do it at one time), right-click and choose "Move or Copy" and click the box below to "Create Copy" then select the original XL file (you saved above) as destination.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

simply open the generated text files FROM Excel, specify "," (coma) as the column separator, then combine all sheets into one file by copy them (right click the sheet tab and copy)

cheers
    qha_vn

Excel files

Many thanks for the suggestions. I did not put exactly what I wanted. Is there any command from the command line I can use ( Windows command line ) which can combine the .csv files into one .csv or .xls file? I do not want to open and do copy/paste.

Thanks
    Vinnie

go here and see if it fits your need and......... budget

http://www.softinterface.com/Convert...nate-Files.htm
    qha_vn