Thread: Dentist Surgery

Unanswered: Dentist Surgery

im doing a database on a denstist surgery...
    what fields do i need to have in the appointment table
    what would be the primary key in that table
    and also what other tables might i need

Re: Dentist Surgery

yo has anybody with good microsoft access knowledge got msn messenger or aol. i really need help with this...please...anybody

Originally posted by RohitSaini
    im doing a database on a denstist surgery...
    what fields do i need to have in the appointment table
    what would be the primary key in that table
    and also what other tables might i need

If I am reading this right you are basicly asking how to set up the entire database. You are also asking what fields are needed.

(That information is what you need to discuss with the person (this case dentist) as to what his/her needs are.) You have to kinda work backwards when building a database.

Access has many Templates that you can use to see how they are set up which may give you ideas or that you actually may be able to use. There is also a Database Wizard in assisting (although I have never liked the wizards too much.) Have you used Access before? Is this a learning project for you? I am a wee bit confused by your question.

If I am wrong about your question I apologize. But it is entirely too broad of a question by the way I read it.

im very confused on how to make the database itself!!!!
    i have made a patient table
    and i have amde a doctor table
    i have also now added an appointments table that consists of appointment Number, Date, Time, Patient Number and dentist ID...what other fields might i need to include in this table????
    what i am doing i making a basic table that allows the user to make appointments, cancel appointments, enter new patients, delete patients, enter new doctors, delete doctors.

t_galownia is right, and you would need to discuss this with your client.

You are on the right track using ID fields as foreign keys, but asking how to make a database is like asking how to make dinner. Really depends on the consumer, which would be the client.

Just my $0.02.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

Originally posted by t_galownia
    If I am reading this right you are basicly asking how to set up the entire database. You are also asking what fields are needed.

(That information is what you need to discuss with the person (this case dentist) as to what his/her needs are.) You have to kinda work backwards when building a database.

Access has many Templates that you can use to see how they are set up which may give you ideas or that you actually may be able to use. There is also a Database Wizard in assisting (although I have never liked the wizards too much.) Have you used Access before? Is this a learning project for you? I am a wee bit confused by your question.

If I am wrong about your question I apologize. But it is entirely too broad of a question by the way I read it.
    2 words: SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT ... I answer explicit questions but I do not do school work ...

amen brother...

This appears to be a duplicate post of:

http://www.dbforums.com/t986469.html

So it looks like MOwen has it right. Holla!
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

i aint askin how to make the database...al im asking is wat tables might i need.. i dont have a real end user...
    i can make reports, forms and queries and all the rest
    all i need to know is wat tables do i need...
    thats it

i aint askin how to make the database...al im asking is wat tables might i need.. i dont have a real end user...
    i can make reports, forms and queries and all the rest
    all i need to know is wat tables do i need...
    thats it
    Well as a developer I can't tell you that ... Why don't you ask a dentist? This goes back to a previous comment regarding your need to ask your client (whomever that may be) ... The person or persons using the application should determine what information should be contained within the database. Your job is to make it happen ...

listen all it needs to do is add and delete patients, add and delete dentists, create and cancel appointments...thats it plain and simple!!!!

listen all it needs to do is add and delete patients, add and delete dentists, create and cancel appointments...thats it plain and simple!!!!
    Well do it then. I hate to say this but, what you're asking for is NOT "simple" ... What you're asking for is complex and takes time to develop properly (even a stripped down version - or shell if you will) ... Then of course is the issue of table design and feature requirements ...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think we can make this simple for you. As this appears to be an educational project and there is NO end-user it should be reasonable to assume that you can please yourself as to what the database does.

You have stated that you can do tables - forms - reports - queries and all the rest which leads us to believe you have the competence to achieve your goal.

The making of the basic "tool" is simple, where you are going to have a problem is - appointments (this is generally simple with thought).

Remember! you cannot have a clash of appointments and will have to put something in to catch areas where you try to duplicate.

As my learn'ed friends have already said, you will need to work backwards from what you want to see to the what needs to go in process.

Thereafter, all the table layouts will start to become clear

Finally..........

work in the format of our predecessors - try, try, try again!

good luck

Im totally with Owen on this one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm new here, I don't mind helping people out, but I'm not doing course work..You have to learn, you cant ask people to do coursework for you, other wise its a false qualification.

However, if you'd used access, or open it up, you'll find by selecting 'new' you have a number of templates, they range from Asset Management through to Time and billing.

You could create one of those, then alter it to your needs, BUT any decent tutor WILL spot this.

Sorry to sound harsh but I read your other post and my ethics don't really agree..

Ken.